Motsepe Foundation 2021 Bursary
The Motsepe family(Patrice and Precious Motsepe) were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge. This is a commitment by the wealthiest individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy. This initiative was founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, and since its inception, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
The Motsepe Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalized within the country.
- Medical Studies
- Business Studies
- Must be a South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Excellent academic results
- Proven financial need
How to apply:
Download and complete the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form and submit.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documents:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric mid-year results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of other household members (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ employment letter/ SASSA grant letter/ affidavit for informal traders/ death certificate if deceased etc – more detail can be found on the application form)
Applications must be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 November 2020