Visual Merchandising Field Specialist 20
An exciting and challenging opportunity has become available for a Visual Merchandising (VM) Field Specialist within our Operations: VM team. Based in Pretoria, this position will support the North SBU and service stores around the Pretoria, Limpopo and Mpumalanga areas.
In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation of the Ackermans Visual Merchandise business plan in stores and upskilling of Phadimas through effective communication and feedback.
Your ultimate goal will be to get all the listed stores on the same high VM standard and, in doing so, influence customers to choose ACKERMANS as their preferred shopping destination.
Visual Merchandising Field Specialist / Divisional Visual Merchandiser
Reporting To Position
Job Type Classification
Number of Positions
Location – Town / City
Location – Province
Location – Country
If you have at least 3 years’ experience in Visual Fashion Merchandising with a reputable retail clothing chain, as well as the ability to translate VM specifications into store environments, then this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for.
• A Grade 12 Certificate/Matric
• A tertiary qualification / diploma in Retail Marketing and Merchandising would be advantageous.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a visual fashion merchandising role with a reputable / value retail clothing chain.
• The ability to translate & train VM specifications into the specific store environments and displays in a simple and understandable manner.
• Knowledge of VM best practices and principles, techniques and VM trends as well an excellent grasp of customer behavior.
• Excellent organizational skills, planning, project management, and time management expertise.
• Self-reliant, self-motivated, results orientated and have an ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines without supervision Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels
• A good balance between creative flair and practical execution is critical.
• Effective problem solving abilities are crucial.
• The ability to follow both written and verbal instruction with great attention to detail and thoroughness is essential.
• Training/Coaching skills
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel & Power Point).
1. Six Way to ensure wining
• Ensure consistent and high VM standards to enhance the customer experience
• Effective usage of the VM resources, namely:
– Seasonal Manuals
– Promotional Manuals
– Ops priorities and Weekly info
2. Phadima Upskilling (as per six ways) through:
• Store Visits: VM information is accurately completed on Store Visit App for roll-up purposes.
• Conduct and communicate monthly competitor activity.
4. New Store Openings (NSO’s)
• Support the field team through effective implementation of the VM NSO process.
• Phadima training before NSO.
5. Field Expenses:
• Effectively control personal budgets
– Valid drivers’ license
– The successful incumbent will be required to travel extensively
Did not specify closing date