Armed Response 21
Prasa is looking for armed response, are you a law abiding citizen? if so this the superior opportunity for to get your cv ready and be employed. We are looking for a hard-working individual to come and join our family at prasa. interested candidate are welcome to send us your cv
LOCATION: Western Cape
SALARY GROUP: Junior Official
Physical Security Protection of assets, personnel and income
• Responds to all operational security incidents (including but not limited to armed robberies, theft, attacks on personnel, public
protests that impede rail operations, operational incidents, disasters and any other operational security incidents) that requires a
high level security intervention to counter security threats /risks.
• Demarcates the areas where crimes were committed and preserves the crime scene for investigation to collect exhibits and
evidence from and uncontaminated.
Responds to unrest situation for protection of personnel and assets as first responders and. hands over to the relevant SAPS Unit upon
• Responds to unrest situation for protection of personnel and assets as first responders and hands over to the relevant SAPS Unit
upon their arrival.
Conduct security risks, threats and vulnerability assessments at stations,
• Conduct security risks, threats and vulnerability assessments on all sites on a daily basis (24/7/365) and submits reports for all
security deficiencies for corrective action by the relevant PRASA Department.
Depots and operational tunnels
• Recommends security counter measures to management for implementation of preventative security measures.
Liaison and joint operations with all stakeholders
• Conduct joint operations with different law enforcement agencies and security clusters.
• Liaise with local authorities on joint eviction operations and/or operations for by-law enforcement.
• Liaise with internal departments on security interventions and leads the team on security appraisals for special events, security
incidents and any other matters the requires security response capability or events security
• Ensure record keeping of all incidents during the course of the shift for future reference including for litigations and criminal cases.
• Compile operational reports for submission to superior officers.
• Compile complete case dockets for criminal cases.
• Report writing
• Be able to speak, read and write English
• Interpersonal skills
• Honesty and Integrity
• Able to handle stress and work under
• Grade 12/ NQF Level 4/ N3/ABET Level 4/
Proof of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at
NQF Level 4 issued by the South African
Qualification Authority (SAQA).
• 1 Year security operational experience
• Clear Criminal Record with no pending cases
• 1 year Armed response
• Medically fit
• Clean bill of health
• PSIRA Grade C
• Code 8 driver’s license (must be in possession
for at least 1 year)
• SAPS issued certificate of competency (CoC)
and/or valid Coc Training for business
• The individual must be willing to work shifts and
must have high appetite for risk (Combat,
armed robberies, attacks etc)
Please apply by forwarding your updated and completed CV, and certified copies of your qualifications at: Metrorail’s Human
Resources Department located on the 13th floor,1300, Paul Sauer Building, 01 Adderley Street, Cape Town, 8001
30 December 2020
All candidates will be required to complete a physical endurance test of 2,4 km that must be completed in 11 minutes for
males and 14 minutes for females. Incumbents will also be subjected to a medical test and criminal record screening.
Armed response members will be subjected to further tests.
NB! Applicants with NQF Level 4/ABET Level 4
are required to attach SASETA certificate