AVBOB CLERK 2021
Company AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society
Reference # 103CL02, 103IND01
Contract Type Permanent
Location Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
AVBOB, Africa’s largest Mutual Assurance Society providing a one-stop funeral insurance and burial solution, has a vacancy for:
Clerk: Policy Services (B3)
Job Functions Administration
– Check if the policy number on application forms match the policy number on
– Check if the mail type relate to the enquiry on the forms received.
– Check if all the required documents present and uploaded are correct and indexed
– Check whether all the required documents are complete and clear.
– Read and interpret all documents to understand the nature of the enquiry before
scanning and Indexing.
– Ensure that there are full and completed notes made on XD150.
– Receive incoming mail and faxes, sort and prepare documents for scanning, make
sure that there is no duplicates.
– Investigate unresolved document items and re-index accordingly using the
– Team Leaders will provide daily/ weekly/ monthly set targets.
– If errors occurs inform the Team Leaders as soon as possible.
– All pages need to be straight and correct direction for readability when viewing.
– Group like size documents together to minimize changes in paper size settings.
– The correct page size needs to be used so items are not cut off and/ or space is
not wasted around the article.
– Clarity of the document is also important. Everything on the original document
must be able to be read and once scanned into the computer. The contrast and
darkness may need to be adjusted to pick everything up.
– Pages with front and backs need to have both scanned in. You can use the duplex
feature on most scanners.
– Always double check your scanner settings so that you are not scanning images
to a high resolution that will create huge image files.
– Scan documents according to policy numbers.
– Place document in to scanner. Name batch so that it can be easily recognized of
the what the documents in the batch are and the date scanned.
– Scan all documents in batch DO NOT exceed 50 documents per scan, but if a
document has multiple pages it can go over.
– Capture all returned mail on the Production system.
– Verify addresses of such policyholders rectify or change to “unknown”.
– This will prevent future correspondence mailed to the policyholder and to save on
– Print duplicate contract/ policy information and post or email as per required
– Update clients’ details and contact information and language.
– Check and capture banking details for Loans, Withdrawals, Surrenders, Cash
Backs and Cancellations etc.
– Check, order. Receive and store daily stock e.g. stationery for the department.
– Value letters (only single policies).
– If errors occurs inform the Team leaders as soon as possible.
– Timely handling/ completion of transactions from the indexing queue within 24
– Communicate outstanding requirements with the client/ branch.
– Refer documents not meant for the department to relevant departments.
– Filing of scanned documents and keep record as instructed by team leaders/
– Report system errors to Team leaders or Department Head.
– Mark and send boxes of scanned documents to Correspondence department
according to department’s requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
– 1 Year administrative experience.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
– Ability to communicate in English fluently (read, write and speak) and Afrikaans.
– At least 1 year administrative experience.
– Computer literate, Microsoft word and Excel.
– Grade 12, experience/ knowledge in Long Term Insurance recommended.
– Experience and knowledge of client service environment recommended.
– Good record in discipline re-attendance, time management, production, quality,
adherence to regulations and instructions, etc.
Job Closing Date 15/03/2021