Senior Legal Advisor: Prosecutions
Employer: Boikago Group (Pty) Ltd
To conduct prosecutions on behalf of the NCC
Prosecution of contravention of the Act in the Tribunal
- Receive and assess case readiness for presentation to the Tribunal
- Prepare draft Tribunal orders, consent orders, compliance notices.
- Ensure that tribunal orders are communicated to investigators and to Provinces
- Report to the Tribunal on level compliance with orders issued.
- Review and make recommendations to the Tribunal on effective processes and protocols to ensure proper administration of the Act
- Develop effective internal processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in prosecution matters
Assess and prepare cases for the Tribunal
- Make speedy decision on matters to be presented to the Tribunal
- Provide proper directives and advise to investigators on any additional information/ evidence required before the matter is presented before the Tribunal.
- Develop service level standards and internal processes for case preparation
Represent the NCC at the tribunal and other court hearings
- Present all matters ready for hearing in the tribunal in accordance with established protocol,
- Liaise with the registrar of the tribunal to ensure effective communication and efficient implementation of the CPA
- Facilitate the settlement of any disputes between the NCC and the provincial consumer authorities and between the NCC and the Tribunal.
Develop and maintain database of Tribunal decisions
- Develop and maintain a database of all matters presented before the tribunal and its decisions
- Publish all orders and findings of the tribunal
- Manage referral of all cases to the tribunal
Monitor and implement the Tribunal decisions
- Report all non-compliance with any tribunal order to law enforcement agencies.
- Follow-up and monitor progress made on prosecution of contempt matters in the criminal justice system
- Establish protocol on co-operation on contempt matter
Keep reports on matters referred to the criminal justice system and compile proper reports
- Develop and maintain proper referral protocol of cases to the criminal justice system.
- Draft affidavits to establish prosecutable matter in the criminal justice system
- Testify in court on behalf of the NCC/Tribunal
- Liaise with Stakeholders to strengthen relationships
- Liaise with the criminal justice system agencies on co-operation
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Minimum: LLB Degree or Equivalent Qualification and EB Driver’s License
- Minimum: 6-10 years Managerial experience in Legal Environment
- Minimum: Computer Literacy ( MS Office Package) and Project Management and knowledge of Regulatory Framework
Behavioral skills required
Strategic Planning and Management
Policy analysis and analytical thinking skills
Corporate Governance: Ethics, Risk, Fraud Prevention and Control
Planning and Organizational Skills
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Public Relations and Protocol