Lancet Admin Clerk-Data Capturer 22
Lancet has career opportunity exists for the right candidate in Kimberley
2 calendar month notice
Work flexible hours
Work unsociable hours
Help out on night shift if needed
Reference No: 700255
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Admin Clerk-Data Capturer: Central Region. This is a Permanent position based at Kimberley. Responsible for accurate capturing of data
- Grade 12
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Computer literate
- Laboratory information systems
- Organizational policy procedures
- Capture patient information and medical aid details from Dr’s report forms to ensure correct processing
Capture patient information and medical aid details from Dr’s report forms to ensure correct processing
• Responsible for capturing data accurately and timeously to ensure quality outputs.
• Order stationery to ensure ample resources available for effective service delivery.
• Assist on the switchboard to ensure effective operations.
• Responsible for accurate logging of patient registration form onto computerized database system according to SOPs used for reports, medical aid or patient payment
• Checking of registration forms on the computer according to SOP for dependable and accurate patient results
• Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
• Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
• Responsible to track the progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
• Investigates bottlenecks in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensures timely resolution of challenges.
Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
• Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
• Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
• Management of the reception area and giving out relevant information and direct clients to relevant departments while offering excellent customer service
• Receives cash from patients and ensures banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
• Reports incidents, logs customer complaints, and problem-solution reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy
• Responsible for adhering to Lancet uniform protocols as set standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for specimen storage by scanning specimens electronically to ensure easy access to specimens for after requests
• Performs maintenance of Laboratory equipment to ensure good working order
• Maintains good waste removal practices in accordance with Waste Removal Policies and Procedures
• Responsible for own and new staff training and records to ensure continuous development
Ability to cope with nervous/distressed patients
Ability to work in a pressured environment
Ability to work as part of a team
Adherence to company dress code
Attention To Detail
Confidentiality / Sensitivity
Compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience level.
Lancet Labs is committed to providing a safe working environment for employees, patients, clients, visitors, and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. We believe that vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and spread of COVID-19 cases in the workplace and is the key element in a multi-layered approach to protect staff. All applicants will need to provide a valid certificate of full vaccination status and agree to booster vaccinations, as the country’s vaccination policy changes, with the possibility of additional booster shots if required. Lancet Laboratories reserves the right to apply its vaccination policy when screening applications.